Format: Sealed – 3 Boosters CMF & 3 Boosters TAT
Prizes: Prizes based on attendance including playmats
A4.1 Limited Format: General Rules
These formats are called “Limited” because players open a limited number of packs and construct their decks with only the cards from those packs.
For Sealed and Draft formats:
– Players choose their ruler from any set in the cluster used in that tournament. Players are allowed to see the text of all rulers released from that cluster while drafting and building their decks.
– If the ruler a player chooses isn’t available, they may proxy that ruler. A player using a proxied ruler must clearly explain to or show their opponent which ruler is the correct ruler for their deck. If ruler lists are available, it is recommended that player circle their ruler on that list to show the correct ruler they are using.
– To build a main deck (Bifrost, without Lifebreak), a player can choose a minimum number of 20 non-magic stone cards from his or her card pool. A player may include more than four copies of a card in his or her main deck.
– To build a main deck (Valhalla, with Lifebreak), a player can choose a minimum number of 24 non-magic stone cards from his or her card pool. A player may include more than four copies of a card in his or her main deck.
– To build a magic stone deck, a player can choose a minimum number of 8 magic stone cards from his or her card pool. He or her can add any number of non-special magic stone cards even from his or her personal collection. A player may include more than four copies of a special magic stone card in his or her magic stone deck. Organizers should provide nonspecial magic stone cards to players if they don’t have enough to build their magic stone decks among they card pool and/or personal collection.
Occasionally, a player in a Limited tournament may open a booster pack that contains an abnormal number of cards or an abnormal number of cards with a specific rarity (such as “god packs”). Such packs must be brought to the attention of tournament officials immediately.
In that case, the Tournament Organizer should offer the following options to that player for he or her can choose among them:
– exchange the abnormal booster pack with a new booster pack, for free, by returning it to the organizer;
– purchase one more booster pack to use as replacement of the abnormal booster pack
among the pool of tournament booster packs and keep the abnormal booster pack for his or
– drop the tournament and keep all of the booster packs received if none of the above options
would fit for that player;
-Players have 20 minutes to build their decks
-Rounds are 60 minutes
-Games are best 2 of 3
RSVP to this event on Facebook